Sunday, January 29, 2012

Some Things About Italy:

Just in case you were wondering!

Food: Breakfast here at the hotel is great, lots of options, from meats, cheeses, eggs, croissants (in all different toppings!) and fruit and granola. Also served is coffee, tea, juices, natural and sparkling water. It's all you can eat, which is a dangerous situation when it comes to the nutella and croissants!

Lunch is up to you where to go, since it's not provided. So far I've stopped at places for sandwiches which have all been good, especially the bread.

Dinner is also pretty delicious: it is always 3 courses, starting out with salad and bread (which don't actually count as a course), then some sort of pasta (we've had ravioli, tortellini, and other types), a meat and vegetables dish (chicken, veal, etc), and then a dessert course, from tiramisu (which I actually liked!), cakes, and fruit.

Very delicious overall! I didn't like everything I tasted, but I made sure to try a bit of everything.

 Florence: The city isn't too hard to navigate, but I wouldn't yet go off by myself yet. There is a river that you can use as a landmark to get where you're going. The traffic isn't horribly bad, but the foot traffic is pretty crazy, especially later in the day. We are surrounded by centuries-old architecture and art, going back a thousand years and earlier!


Fashion: Both sexes dress pretty fashionably here, atleast more so than in the US. I've noticed that leggings are in, as are boots and puffy coats and ofcourse leather. Fur lined things are also worn. As for the men, I'd say nice jeans, often skinny, and polo shirts and jackets are worn. I haven't kept an eye on fashion much, but that's what I've noticed with passing people on the street.


Shopping: There are lots of places to shop in Florence! I went to a bookstore which was neat, having books in all sorts of languages. There are also many expensive boutiques and shops, such as Gucci, Louis Vuitton, and Jimmy Choo. I also passed by a Disney store, believe it or not!

I will insert some more pics of Italy from the art tour I went on today. I will tell you how my class goes tomorrow; ciao!




1 comment:

  1. Haha a Disney store! Seriously, wherever you go, Disney follows! lol All that food sounds delicious...I'd definitely be gaining weight on this trip if I were to go! I find it interesting that people are really fashionable. Who would have thought? Love the pics and can't wait to hear more! :)

    ReplyDelete