Wednesday, March 14, 2012

And the week goes on....

Hi all,

It's Wednesday, and I now have one more day of class until the weekend! It's nice having four day school weeks, even though Friday is usually booked with something or other every time.

I still have a cold and it sucks! I don't know why I am always sick here, but it's getting to be a pain. Class has been pretty tedious, learning about art and Italian language, the usual. Yesterday, Melissa and I went down to the "beach" of Rome (the Tiber river, as close as you can get to a beach) and relaxed while eating gelato. Chocolate, ofcourse.

Afterwards, we met up with Elaine and had dinner, where Melissa and I got pizza and Elaine ordered some sort of chicken dish. It looked good, and the pizza was incredible! We also had a glass of wine, which is something out of the ordinary for me! I really don't care for red wine, but I can drink white. Afterwards, we went to a place called Scholars where we hung out, kind of an Irish pub. It was a lot of fun, and we all had a good time.

Yesterday, I indulged and bought a few dresses at my new favorite store, Zara. It's very popular in Europe, however I don't know of any existing in the states. I got a creme colored dress as well as a blue one that you can see me wearing below. I like their clothes- they're very fashionable, but also very modest.

My feet are killing me from all of this walking! I am definitely going to rest tonight and relax, and get ready for my Naples trip on Friday.

That's all for now folks!

 By the Tiber

 New dress!

 What to order, what to order...

 A challenge!
 But easily defeatable.
 She agrees.

Today in class, we visited Michelangelo's statue of Moses, a carving he did for Pope Julius the Second's Tomb. That's the same pope who ordered Michelangelo to paint the Sistene Chapel to which Michelangelo stated, "I am a sculptor, not a painter!" He was a broody guy.

1 comment:

  1. Bel vestito! E la pizza sembra impressionante!
    ti amo, mama

    ReplyDelete