Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Update!

Sorry it's been awhile! I've been awfully busy.

Over the weekend, I hung out with Melissa and some of our Italian friends. We went to the Spanish steps, walked around the central area of Rome, and ate lots of gelato! Twice this weekend Melissa and I went to this place called Carlo Monte's that has giant pizzas for three euro!

On Monday, I had class, where we met at the Campidoglio, constructed by Michelangelo in the 1540s. In ancient art class, we talked about the founding of the Colosseum and why it was made. Later on Monday, we went over to a friend's house and had dinner and hung out for a bit. The next day, I had another round of classes and afterwards Mel and I went to an aperitivo. This is like an evening brunch, with bruschetta and snacky Italian foods and came with a glass of wine. It was delicious! Afterwards, we ended up at Scholars and hung out with some other friends.

As for today, I had my 2 classes and visited the Colosseum. It is definitely a sight to see with your own eyes! The place is massive, and it's insane to think thousands of years ago, 70,000 people were crowded into the place. Our instructor told us the average age of a gladiator fighting was 15, unlike Russel Crowe! Afterwards I got some tasty gelato and hung out with a friend for a little bit.

Tonight is homework night/chill night! I need a bit to rest from my busy week, to say the least! One day away from Spring Break!

 Out and about in Trastevere.


 Aperitivo
 Aren't we classy gals?

 The Colosseum!


 Caroline has been here.


No comments:

Post a Comment