Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Just Another Day

Ciao,

I did in fact get to sleep in a bit on Monday, which was super nice! I didn't leave for class until around 1ish and had some pizza and crispy m&ms for lunch! What a find! I think I prefer the pretzel ones though.... Anyways, after a lunch spent in Piazza Navonna, I headed back for my three o'clock class which consisted of Greek pottery. Afterwards, I met up with a few girls and got gelato - chocolate fondente! That is definitely my favorite flavor. I will miss it so much when I go back home. My fellow ice cream lovers, I wish I could send you some, but alas.

After getting gelato, I hung out at my friend's apartment, and we went and had dinner at a place close by their apartment. It was pretty good, but the pizza I had last time was better then this time around. Pizza is one food I could never get sick of, that's for sure! After dinner, we made our way to the Auditorium, their concert hall which is really close by my place, and listened to Rafal Blechacz play some Beethoven (lots of chromatic and arpeggiated chords, showing off, but nevertheless impressive) and Dvorak's 7th symphony. I really liked the second movement. It didn't hurt that it started out with a clarinet solo! I remember my freshmen year playing his 8th symphony and having a blast. I really miss music. :(

Anyways, it was after 11 when we got out, and as prone to do, we got lost. I was going to stop by at my apartment, but we soon abandoned that idea and went back to the girl's place. We were also going to get gelato, but it was unfortunately closed. The nerve of them.

Today, I woke up early for my 9 am class and we went on a site visit for High Renaissance Art to Villa Farnesina which was painted by various famous artists like Raphael and constructed by Bramante. After class, I walked home and only waited 2 minutes for a bus! It's so nice when you catch it and don't have to wait half an hour. I think for my next class today, I will take the metro and walk a little further since I have time. It's nice out, in the 60s I believe and sunny.

That's all for now - I'll keep you posted as usual!

View of the Auditorium from my apartment. It's three separate buildings, and the ceiling looks like a turtle shell!

 At dinner!
 Today's visit- the fresco shows Alexander the great and his other half on their wedding night.
 The Zodiac Room - ceiling.
Another ceiling fresco of the Greek/Roman gods.

1 comment:

  1. That concert sounds amazing!!! So happy that you get to see a bunch of legit art and concerts! haha

    ReplyDelete