Friday, February 10, 2012

Update


Hey; not too much new here, but I thought I'd give you a summary of what I've been up to lately.

Tuesday, I decided not to go to Sienna and relaxed in the afternoon, reading the Hunger Games. I finished the book last night and enjoyed it. It's no Harry Potter, but it was a fun and easy read.

On Wednesday after class, I went to the Academia Museum and got to see the David, which was about sixteen feet tall in height! No pictures were allowed, sorry. A few people took them anyways, but what can a picture really show? You have to see it yourself in person to fully see it.

Anyways, yesterday was an extra long day at class, going until 4:30! We had an oral exam which wasn't too horrible. Our final exam in the class is tomorrow.

Today after class, I went to a pizzeria and had some great mahrgerita pizza (I've been eating a lot of pizza lately!) I've also drunken lots of hot chocolate! It never gets old! Speaking of food, the past few days I have been getting different things for lunch, such as gelato, panini, and pasta. Everyone around here is complaining about how much they've been eating, but carbs are no stranger to me!

Anyways, after class and lunch today, I went to the Medici house and got to make my own fresco. I think I might give it to my house family as a gift. Today, I also bought a thing of chocolates and a bottle of wine for them. I hope they like it! Yesterday, I found out a little bit more about my house family- I think they are an older couple, early sixties, and have a son who is married and a daughter who is 30 and works in the city and visits often on the weekends. Her name is Carolina! Anyways, they sound nice; I asked the person who is in charge of housing here and she told me about them, so I haven't spoken to them in person yet! I meet them tomorrow! I also heard that they are planning on having a welcome dinner for me. I can't wait!

So tomorrow, I wake up and have breakfast (my usual chocolate croissants, cereal, and so forth), check out of the hotel, go take my final exam, then take a bus to Rome.

I am ready and excited to see it!

Ciao!

 Here is the common area of the school I've been attending for the past two weeks. My class is down the hall to the left and up the stairs.
 Yup, thataway
Our frescoes! Mine is on the corner with the wine bottle and 2 glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment